Anyway, the Super Bowl used to be all about the game on the field but it has definitely turned into a major corporate event where people schedule their whole lives around. I listen to Sports Talk radio while I'm in the car, and this week I couldn't take it anymore. I actually switched to FM radio (gasp), and listened to Jack FM. It was actually quite refreshing.
The reason why I couldn't "take it anymore" was because they have "press row" all lined up on the field begging for time with retired, old, and most of the time lame athletes. Then they get them on the air and kiss their butt like they are the best things since blogger.com. This of course puffs up these has-beens and 10 minutes later the whole process repeats itself. After throwing up in my mouth a few hundred times and regurgitating pop-tarts and Diet Coke, I finally turned it to FM Radio. Thank you Jack FM! You saved me the awful taste of brown sugar, cinnamon, and diet cola......at least for the 200th time.
So, here is my game breakdown:
Patriots are clearly the better team but we've had two weeks to hear about how "gritty" and "magical" and "tough" these New York Football Giants are. The public opinion is starting to sway. The line has dropped a few points and you actually hear "sports analysts" picking the Giants to win!
Not going to happen. Everyone forgets about the Patriots and how good they are when the weather conditions are sunny and the track is fast. These past few weeks and games, they have had to run the ball and play the clock and therefore the scores were close....this one won't be. Patriots roll and Randy Moss has a huge game.
Final Score: 38-20. (Also, Bud Light will have the best commercial, Tom Petty will have a wardrobe malfunction (pay attention ladies), and someone will accidently throw their Wii controller at your inlaws new HD TV).

2 comments:
Dro, I completely agree with your post. This is why I wish the NFL would go back to one week in between the championships and the Super Bowl. The extra week turns into a ridiculous media experience. The hype is stupid. I agree with your prediction as well. I think the New York media is in love with their New York team and wants them to win. I also think people are making way too much of that game from Week 17. That was a road game for the Pats, this will be a neutral field. After the things that have been said about New England lately, I wouldn't be surprised if they laid one of those old 80's Super Bowl whippings on the Giants, like 42-17 or something.
Dro, your post is sweet. The Pats should run away with this early and keep pouring it on. Great to see Plaxico give the Pats further interest in pouring it on. He may not even be in the game. What a toolbox! Thanks again for the trip. It was totally sweet. This is the year of Boston. Pats, Sox and Celts!
Post a Comment