Followers

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Shaq, Pau, and the Lady Breakers






A BLOG POST for you NBA fans.....

So I'm driving to work today, listening to sports talk of course, and the update comes across the wire: Shaq to the Phoenix Suns for Shawn Marion.


Of course, I don't really care but I was shocked to hear that anyone would trade for Shaq especially giving up an all star in Shawn Marion. Shaq is owed $40 million over the next two years and basically is a whiner and a quitter. This was clearly a knee-jerk reaction move to the Lakers and will make the Suns worse. As a casual Laker fan, I am stoked and this basically insures the Lakers the Pacific Division.


After taking punch after punch, Mitch Kupchak has emerged as GM of the year!!! All you Laker fans need to immediately apologize for castrating Mitch over an open fire. First thing he did was rid himself of Shaquille O'Neil and that outrageous contract. Shaq had one decent year which helped the Heat win a championship but since then, they have become the doormats of the NBA. (note: how come no one bags on DWade like they did Kobe?) 2nd thing he did was not trade Andrew Bynum who had emerged to be one of the better centers in the NBA as a 20 year old. 3rd thing he did was get rid of the 2nd biggest hack in the NBA (Brian Cook) for a starter in Trevor Ariza. Then he adds to his growing legacy by trading the BIGGEST hack in the NBA (Kwame Brown) for an all star center in Pau Gasol. In his first start he pours in 24 pts. and 12 rebounds.

It's time to take Mitch off the Budweiser hotseat and give him his just due. You could also surgically give him back what you took from him....if you know what I mean.

And now for your Lady Breakers update:

We played Costa Mesa last night for the league title and lost 62-51. We got down early 8-0 but battled back and finished the quarter only trailing by four; however, the 2nd quarter killed us again as we were outscored 20-8. We now trailed by 16 but as is our mantra, we never quit and we never stop battling. We won the 3rd quarter 15-12 and the 4th quarter 15-13 but it wasn't enough. Our senior point guard fouled out with 3 minutes to play (horrible call) in the 3rd quarter which severely limited us and our potential comeback. The girls played hard and I couldn't be more proud of them and the effort they gave both last night and all year long.

We have one more game until the CIF playoffs begin. We will find out on Sunday what our draw will be. Right now we are currently ranked #10 in CIF with Costa Mesa #3 and Calvary Chapel (a team we beat twice) #7.
It's been a fun ride...hopefully it continues....






6 comments:

loubige said...

That was a tough loss last night. I sent Luke to the bathroom with a friends son at the beginning of the 4th quarter b/c I was so into the game! (don't worry people they are close friends and the kid is 12yrs old)

Even though you guys lost that was a great game to watch--it got way too physical, the ref's should have kept that under control from the beginning. I wouldn't be surprised if #41 had a slight concussion last night, I heard her head hit the floor from the top row of the bleachers. Of course I'm biased, but it seemed like Costa Mesa really likes to take some jabs here and there when they can get away with it---or if the ref's don't do anything about it like they did last night. Tough loss, but great game. Costa Mesa has new found respect for the Lady Breakers after this year.

loubige said...

P.S. Here's my Laker take.

As long as the Lakers keep Ronny, I'll be happy. After going to the game in December--that guy is my new favorite Laker. (not like I really had a favorite laker) But that guy is awesome, and it doesn't hurt that he wears my old b-ball number.

Anonymous said...

And were you out of breath after the game too? Inquiring fans want to know! If you were try the vampire idea - I feel great to day because I am "the few, the proud" yes my blood was from a Marine. What # do you have to pull to go to CIF? I'm not up on it all. But I can do something = GO BREAKERS.

Dro said...

I can honestly say (my wife, family, and everyone in the gym can attest), I was out-of-control. So many calls by the refs didn't go our way and I was going ballistic. Something over took my body and made me act, do, and say crazy things. Suprisingly I didn't get a technical but more than once deserved one.

As far as CIF goes...we have clinched a berth. Just depends on who we match up with...especially the first round.

KASnow said...

Who is hot? Mitch

Who is not? Dro

Unknown said...

Well said Dro. I have a new found respect for Kupchek even though I believe Jerry West had something to do with this trade. He is in tight with the Grizzlies and is "Mr. Laker". Seeing that KG went to Boston (Ainge and Mchale trade???)he felt it was his obligation to even it up and get Pau to the Lakers. Thank You Jerry .....and Mitch.

Loubige, Ronny is the man and is one of the great stories of the NBA. Dude had freaking open heart surgery after being drafted by the Lakers last year. Many thought he was done, negative! 6 months later dude bounces back up and is now a key player on a soon to be Championship Caliber team. I love that dude!!

Shackie