
October has arrived and that only means one thing: Baseball Playoffs. In the 80s and 90s, I loved the playoffs; however, in the 21st century, they have become a lifeline for me. Why do you ask? What has changed?
Answer: The Angels are now contenders. They are now fixtures in October. They are now the favorites almost every year to not only make the playoffs but to win The World Series. Like most of you, I bleed "red" but in October, my days literally hang on every Angel win and loss. This year, they are playing one of my most hated teams (Boston Red Sox) which makes it even more intense and more exciting. I will be hanging on every pitch, cheering on every hit, crying on every out, and screaming in either ecstasy or pain on every win or loss.
After 162 games and the grueling summer days, October has finally arrived! Think about the time of year, you wait for the most. Is it Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years, Easter, or Valentine's Day?
For me, it's none of those. For me, it's October. For me, it's the playoffs. For me, it's baseball.
Prediction: Angels beat the Cubs in 7 games.
Rally monkey is in force as the Halos come back against the Cubs bullpen.

A sea of red is parted when Frankie Rodriguez jogs in from the bullpen and closes out the Cubbies (sending thousands long lasting Cubs fans to the nearest bridge)

As the Angels win their 2nd World Series in 6 years!!!!

10 comments:
ANGELS BABY!! WE BELEIVE!!!
i can spell--i just cant type!
Droseph...How are the Sox in the Angels collective heads? Best ratio of Angels to Sux fans at the Big A last night(due to a recession bound republican economy perhaps). Still no pop in the lineup. Mouth breather Lackey was throwing well until Bay hit one by us. I hate being to the Red Sox what the Yankees are to us. Ugh...JP
JP,
I feel your pain. Angels have now lost 10 in a row to the Red Sox Nation in the playoffs. OUCH! I can't take it anymore. Luckily my wife hid all sharp objects in the house.
Shields and Vladdy killed us last night. All hopes and aspirations are on Ervin's shoulders come Friday night. PLEASE ERVIN PLEASE!!!!
When gas can Shields comes in, I generally assume the worst. We left. Got to the car and two more Sux were in. Good fortune Halos and Dro. Tonight, I'll be in a train with my cell phone turned off because I don't know how to stop a 7000 ton train with a 8 ounce machine next to my ear. JP
Adios Frankie! Nice Tom Niedenfuer impression. Making JD Drew look like Jack Clark. Take your heart attack skills to the brown apple. Ugh.........jp
We got lucky! Torri is retarded for not catching that ball in center. Garrett is horrible as well...horrible outfielder, good hitter..whattayado? I am confident that Lackey will bring it back to Anaheim 2morrow night. He's better than Lester and Sox will be pressing now. I will be there for game 5 if they win 2morrow night!! CMON HALOS!
Chad, I disagree with Hunter. That ball almost landed on Kendrick's head and he put his glove up as if he were going to catch it. I don't think Hunter ever called him off. Kendrick is reminding me of Figgins a couple of years back...playing scared and making mistakes.
Big game John is who we need tomorrow night! No one else we would rather have. If we go down..we go down with our best.
I don't think I can handle another emotional night like tonight and like Friday. But that's OCTOBER BABY BASEBALL!!!
GO HALOS!!!!
Kendrick is looking more like Donnie Moore than he is Figgins.
Kendrick is looking more like Donnie Moore than he is Figgins.
Post a Comment