Followers

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Top 10 Things I Love About Fall....

I figured since I've done my top 10 for both Spring and Summer, might as well continue the tradition. (It is at this point that Loubige starts to get a little nervous. What could possibly be #1. Not another embarrassing picture of her?......Oh she's so tempted right now to scroll down but she won't because she doesn't want to ruin the surprise!).

Once again (with apologies to David Letterman), here is Dro's top 10 reasons he loves the Fall:


#10 School is back in session

(Strange reason to love the Fall, I know, but there's something about going to work every day knowing that some kid is going to do something to make you laugh, cry, and/or yell obscenities).




#9 I love the Fall colors here in Laguna Beach

(I know the picture below is LB at night but there is no color change in Laguna Beach when Fall rolls around so I found a really cool picture instead).




#8 Kids don't say, "I'm bored" that much anymore.

(Sometimes in the summer, it feels like I have four "shadows" as I walk around the house).





#7 Fantasy Football

(I'm not into fantasy football as much as fantasy baseball but I still enjoy the camaraderie that comes with being in a league with your friends. I still can't believe DeSean Jackson cost me 6 pts. when he inexplicably dropped the ball as he headed into the endzone!)



#6 I actually get paid!

(Teachers only get paid on a 10 month scale so it's always good to get a paycheck and not live on Mr. Visa and his 19% interest rate).



#5 Back to School Night

(I get to experience this as both a parent and a teacher. Oh the joys! A 44 once of Mountain Dew usually helps!)





#4 The NFL


(Nothing like the rule at my house, "No TV on Sundays.....except sports.")




#3 College Football

(With DVR, one can get the chores done, play with the kids, actually listen to the wife, AND watch college football. NICE!)




#2 MLB Playoffs

(Although it saddens me that baseball is coming to an end. I still get to enjoy October and what is now an annual thing: The Angels in the playoffs.....and this year an added bonus....the Yankees are not).





And my #1 reason for loving the Fall Season...............


Wife is more limber!



6 comments:

loubige said...

Yes....I did wait just b/c that is how I am--I was laughing at what you said in parentheses b/c I DID actually start to worry.

Didn't you already post that picture of me?! I wouldn't mind it except for the lame caption!!

My number one reason I love fall.........husband is at work. :-)

Limber Loubige

Nana said...

Don't take out the pictures of the kids or any pictures for that matter, it spices it all up and when I can't get into Mama Lou's blog (about every other time) I can at least see the kids. I'm not big on color change in the fall as all those leaves have to be raked up!!!

loubige said...

What do you mean you can't get into my blog?! I sent you an invitation.....I'll resend you one. Maybe if you have different accounts with blogger you have to use the one I sent the email to.

Unknown said...

My favorite thing has to be October baseball. I love everything about it! I usually don't miss a single game. I've been known to stop in at a bar and watch a day game by myself while eating and drinking myself sick (no booze)while my wife thinks I'm at work slaving away. GO HALOS!

April Cobb said...

I wish I had a super cool picture of myself like that. Loubidge, you ROCK!

loubige said...

Thanks April! It helps that I was jumping into a pool and so I didn't have to land back on my feet!! :-)