
While watching the debate between Joe Biden and Sarah Palin, I was riveted at times and bored at others. 2 hours is a LONG time to sit and watch two people try and muddle the other's campaign. What was really annoying was not being able to fast-forward the commercials because there weren't any!?!? It was like watching a movie with no action and no love story. (I was hoping that Biden and Palin would 'hook up' at some point). Now that would've been MUST-SEE TV. But no, they never even looked teasingly at one another. Where's reality TV when I need it the most?
Anyway I digress. I did perk up at one point when the moderator (you think it was a conscious choice when they chose a black woman to be the moderator?)....asked the VP candidates if they supported same sex marriage. I thought to myself, "Here we go. This is where the rubber hits the road. This is a fundamental difference between both parties."
HOWEVER, what happened next was at first disappointing to me and then excited me to no end. Joe Biden when asked if he would support gay marriage, said: "No. Barack Obama nor I support redefining from a civil side what constitutes marriage."
Palin was likewise succinct. "My answer is the same as his and it is that I do not," she said.
THIS IS GREAT NEWS!!!! Mark the tape, cut it out, and put it on commercials right now. Flood the networks and PROP 8 will pass....guarantee.
Here's my 30 second commercial:
Question to the TV audience: Are you a Democrat or a Republican? Do you support Barack Obama or John McCain?
Answer: With Prop 8, it shouldn't matter because both parties agree. (then cut to the debate where Biden and Palin both say they WOULD NOT support gay marriage).
And then at the end of the commercial..... PROTECT MARRIAGE. VOTE YES on PROP 8.
All night long, Biden and Palin went at it and disagreed on every issue EXCEPT FOR ONE: Marriage to remain between a man and woman.
This is proof of a few things:
1. There is a minority group trying to get into the majority.
2. There is a minority group trying to speak for the masses.
3. There is a minority group trying to intimidate.
4. There is a minority group who would have you believe they are being bullied and are having their rights taken away.
Don't let them become the majority. Don't let them speak for you. Don't let them intimidate. And more importantly, don't let them "bully" you for upholding your morals and defending your family, your children, and your grandchildren.
Biden and Palin got it right. Now it's our turn in California to do the same!!!
VOTE YES ON PROP 8!!!!


3 comments:
I was so happy when they brought up this topic during the debate. It was thrilling for me to hear them both say they support marriage between a man and a woman.
I love your commercial idea. I'm ready to see some yes on Prop 8 commercials!!
Biden was not telling the truth. As soon as Obama is elected expect the marriage between one man and one man or one woman and another to be federal law.
Temo que este blog este saltando el tiburon. Tendras que decidir si quieres sequir con temas de mujeres o temas de hombres. A mi me parece que las mujeres va ganando.
Why is Kasnow writing in Mexican on your blog? We obviously need to do a better job of securing our blog borders or before you know it people will be coming to this blog to get free healthcare, better jobs, taking advantage of our social programs, all while trying to get the rest of us to speak Mexican.
Anyway, I agree with what he says though. I don't know if it proves that both parties and therefore the majority of the people support traditional marriage. I think it proves that people will say anything to get elected and that they try to remain non-controversial. I think when the camera switched from Biden to Palin, Biden gave the audience and the moderator a big wink, and showed the audience that he had his fingers crossed the whole time. Like you say though, the majority of people are not gay, and that's who he's gonig to try and appeal to in this debate. As soon as BO/JB are in office though, expect Tim Gunn and Miss J to be appointed Cheif of Staff and Secretary of Defense. At least our Administration would be well dressed.
Post a Comment