Followers

Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Bachelorette



Figured I better give "The Female" her due. It's called Title IX at the high school level: Equality for both the male and female in the sporting arena. Consider this post, my support for Title IX.

Yes, I have been watching The Bachelorette. Yes, I have a blog. Yes, I like being tan. Yes, I live in Laguna. Fortunately for me, YES, I am married and my wife will support my heterosexuality. (hopefully).

Anyway, Deanna has made some interesting choices throughout the show. I've mentioned to my wife, on more than one occasion, that she continues to choose the "hot" guy. (wait, scratch that. I didn't just say "hot guy" did I?). What this means is that her impending marriage has no chance because those "type" of guys are on the show for one reason: to be seen on camera. They do not have an interest in marrying Deanna...they just want to beat out 24 other dudes. Think of the inflation one's ego would get if you were the last one standing! 95% of the guys on the show are those "type" of guys.

There has been one relationship that has lasted since the inception of this show and that is because Trista chose a quiet, shy, nice, and somewhat subdued guy. He didn't care about being on the camera, he cared about finding a soul-mate. She realized this and made the right choice.
Question is: Will Deanna?

The final four are:

1. Jeremy



2. Jesse



3. Graham



4. Jason



There is one of these guys that (if chosen) will give Deanna what she wants and needs. The rest are just "eye candy" for you ladies. (so why am I watching this show again?).

Breakdown:

1. Jeremy (loser. butt kisser. knows what to say and when to say it. buyer beware.)

2. Jesse (stud. cool guy. immature. not yet ready for marriage.)

3. Graham (one night stand material. she's keeping him just for the "come back to my suite" episode.)

4. Jason (he's got baggage "4 yr. old son" but is on the show for her. nice guy. that's why he will finish last.)

Prediction:

First to go: Jason.

After that: Jesse.

Graham and Jeremy go head to head: Graham loses. Jeremy wins.

Marriage doesn't last 6 months when she realizes what a loser he is.



I know what you're thinking after reading this blog.....It's clear to all of you who the REAL loser is.


Hopefully this entry will self-destruct in 5 minutes.....

19 comments:

The Moderator said...

John, do you spend a lot of time on your nails? Do you get a thrill when guys compliment you on your outfit? When you dance, do you keep both arms above shoulder level?

It's not just the bachelorette. You can predict that any marriage in Hollywood will end within 5 years and you'll be right 95% of the time.

I haven't watch the show, but I'd be willing to bet that not much time is spent discussing how they're going to raise their family, or pay the bills. The conversations, I'd guess, are all shallow discussion of their lust for each other.

Kristen said...

Jon..I LOVE it!!! Your the coolest guy EVER :)!!!

Hans said...

You think you are suspect? I'm a Chef who also likes to decorate. Lucky for me I've never watched a single episode of the Bachelor or Bachelorette, now I'm curious (no pun intended) : )

loubige said...

Hans! I LOVE your picture!!!

Hans said...

Lou,
That picture was taken by my company for a marketing campaign. Check it out at www.gastronomyinc.com

maines said...

Who is this Hans? And why do I suddenly feel like I want to be his friend? Must be the mad juggling skills.
As for the bachelorette, I don't watch it, but I saw this sweet clip of it on the soup where the butt-hair guy (hair that looks like a butt, not actual hair on the butt) went off on how he likes to tan, workout, shop, etc. etc. etc. It was pretty funny. I actually think the "nice guy" is the cutest.

April Cobb said...

I am positive that your theory is right. I watched 3 episodes and almost barfed at the lameness of the show-off contestants. How could she take any guy seriously who is trying to impress you with his super-human tricks or by performing his culinary skills for you to get your attention with 20 other guys present? I would feel sorry for her if she weren't so shallow.

tracy said...

dro, that's a pretty accurate description, but i hope Jesse is left standing at the end. He totally reminds me of you. I think he is ready but just scared. By the way, this is Russell not Tracy. She has an account and I don't. Does anyone else think Jesse reminds them of Dro?

Dro said...

Russell, that is classic that you said that. My wife has been saying the whole time that I look and act like that guy. Must be the "sunken eyes and the big nose." :)

Anyway, she ended up cutting Graham who obviously wanted to get cut and was basically laughing at her while she broke down.

Classic TV. So funny. How could you not like this show???

Hans said...

I too noticed the resemblance and that Dro calls him a stud.

Hans said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dro said...

Don't forget "immature and not ready for marriage."

Kristen said...

i'm back:)...just have to say i too think jon looks like jesse, but jesse has a bigger nose and jon is much more handsome:)

Al G. said...

Dro...you're killin' me. It's my wife's favorite show and now that she knows you love it too, it's "Why can't you love this show like Jon!?" Thanks a lot. Where's '24' when I need it?

Christina said...

wow-who knew that this post would get so many comments?!??! interesting!!

okay i feel for graham-we are very similar..i do not enjoy confrontation & shy away from it ALWAYS with jon-but with friends i can go head on with it? im not sure why that is-maybe jon you can give me a free OC type therapy on that!! HAHA ive always been this way in relationships with men (hello that sounds like i've had many?!?!)anyway i could just REALLY relate to graham...

im a fan of jeremy-i think he has his act together & out of the bunch..is the one most ready & WANTING to get married...ANd start a family! i was impressed when he made the comment "i cant think of her relationships with the other guys-because then it creeps into my relationship with her" which is the KEY to WINNING (i know i said winning cuz this is just a game right?)the girl/guy.

my guess is she says no to all of them & ends up with brad who left her in the 1st place! jk

ps: my jon says "why dont the guys ask OTHER questions besides how are you? why dont they ask her about her life, why she is the way she is, who's important to her, what are HER hopes & dreams, how many kids does she want, where would she like to live, how does she feel about this or that-because you've only got 6 weeks!"

i guess since me & jon dated for 6 weeks, engaged & married 6 weeks later-it CAN work-but those kinds of questions have to be asked/answered by both parties!

Cort said...

Dro. I'm depressed. This post petitioned 15, now 16 comments, and your sports posts like the kobe one only got 10...8 of them from Shakkie. I guess you have more Bachelor fans than sports fans among your readers.

That Jesse guy is on of the hottest? He looks like a water buffalo.

tracy said...

jon, this is russell again, not tracy..My wife reads your blog everyday but is too chicken to post on it so i thought i would show everyone the email she sent to your wife today

I just read Jons blog, didnt know Russell was even reading it, let alone commenting! Too funny---I waaaayyyy think Jesse and Jon were twins separated at birth-----Their faces and frames are ssssooooo similar, their personalities are totally similar, sure Jesse has more hair but Jon could (and Im sure, will, after the comparison) grow his out to look even more like Jesse---Jesse is an only child that took "12 years of trying", malarkey-- they had to find a family with plenty of other children, so they wouldnt notice the twin being gone), Jesse has a much bigger nose, but Im guessing Jon has appendages of his own to offset----notice that one of them "claims" to be 36 and the other 26---gggeeezzzz could they have been a little trickier with that disguise?? And their obvious affection for sports, helping/teaching kids and The Bachelor/Bachelorette!! I ask you--Do you need any more proof?? If Jon starts using the words "rad" or "dude" more often than most (wait---he already does, hhhmmmm?), or if suddenly calls your Dad to ask if its ok to hump his daughter, I mean "fore go his own room, and spend the night in the honeymoon suite", you,d better run out and get a red rose boutonniere and ask if he'll accept!! Im just worried if you dont--he'll be next Bachelor!!!
Love Ya--T

loubige said...

I don't even know what to say...but I feel that I HAVE to! Yes, Jon does look just like Jesse (except for the large schnozz--however Jon's is pointy just like his) Anyway, of course I like Jesse he's my favorite. :-) We were at the beach yesterday and I turn and look at Jon and in a hat he looks even MORE like the guy!

As for my other views on the bachelor.....I hope she picks Jesse or Jason. Graham we all know was WAY into himself and Jeremy is TOO perfect...who is that perfect? There are some hidden issues with this guy. (i.e. control freak--I mean did you SEE that guys closet?!) Like the girl asked the sister-in-law...."is there anything wrong with this guy, he's too perfect" ding, ding, exactly....there IS something wrong with him but she'll figure it out when it's too late.

Okay I'm done. I stopped watching this show for 4 seasons but Jon sucked me into this season.
Well I'm glad that I could add another comment to this non-sports post.

Unknown said...

I ALWAYS THOUGHT YOU WERE QUEER.......NOW I KNOW!!