Followers

Thursday, June 5, 2008

2nd Favorite Time of the Year

Well, my 2nd favorite time of the year is quickly approaching. If you are new to this blog, then you don't know that my "favorite time of the year" is spring time. (see earlier post). However, now that the spring is almost over, we segue into summer and Dro isn't any less happy. (Yes, I just referred to myself in the 3rd person....am I cool now or what???)


Once again....with apologies to David Letterman, here are my top 10 reasons that I LOVE SUMMER!!!!



#10 The Weather (nothing beats hot summer days and beautiful summer nights....especially in Laguna). :)



#9 The Beach (no comment necessary but this was the beach I grew up on and am now teaching at the local high school and living only a few blocks away.....life has definitely come full circle).





#8 Baseball (it's the only major sport thus SportsCenter is that much more enjoyable)






#7 The US Open (One of golf's 4 majors....notice in the picture below the foreshadowing comment in the upper left hand corner......told you the NBA was fixed) :)





#6 Summer School (I've been teaching summer school for 9 years now. Sometimes I feel like Mark Harmon in the 80s movie....What a classic!)



#5 No work (If you can't find me in the month of August...I'll either be at the beach or on the golf course).





#4 Shorts and Sandals (When summer rolls around, you never have to worry about your wardrobe. Shorts and sandals every day!!!!)








#3 Being TAN!!! (no need to worry about being orange when summer rolls around)





#2 Sunburns and Staying Cool (ever feel like the girl in the picture below...gotta love summer!)







And the #1 reason I LOVE SUMMER..................



Wife is.......HAPPIER!!!!



7 comments:

loubige said...

YOU are a dork.

P.S. I like most of the list.

Anonymous said...

Summer Blows!!!

Well if you live in the south it does, today is 93 degrees with, wait only 40% humidity. Actually not too bad for Atlanta. July and August is the worst out here, but Spring and Fall is beautiful.

Celtics in 7, just cause I want them to win it at home. Bird was a much better player than Magic, just FYI.

Christina said...

is that the ONLY hot photo of louann you have?!?!? well maybe the only appropriate photo you can share..okay so lets just keep that one then...

fun list--im sad there was NO food anywhere on your list?!?!?! whats up with that?!!?!

Dro said...

It's clearly not such a "hot" picture and Loubige doesn't like it so I continue to tease her by posting it on my blog. Sorry babe.

It will be the last time I post it......until Fall that is. :)

Unknown said...

Did you really just put "being tan" on your list? You might as well make it a "top 11 things you like about summer time" listing #1 as "being gay".

PS- Let's play some golf soon... followed by back rubs of course.

Jen said...

When in any other season of the year are you concerned with your wardrobe?

The Moderator said...

So, you don't have to work, and summer is still second place to spring?!? You must really love your job.