We just finished watching General Conference and I was touched most by the talk given by M. Russell Ballard on Motherhood, etc. I realized during those 15 minutes how much my wife does and means to our family. (Note: I am also currently reading The Choice by Nicholas Sparks so perhaps my heart strings are delicately attached at the moment).
Anyway, I'm thinking that someday this will be a journal of sorts for me and that I will have all the entries printed out and bound so I thought to myself (during that talk by Ballard) that my journal would have a HUGE void without an entry or two or a hundred about the person that makes my life tick. I warned you this could get cheesy...
My wife is my best friend. She is the only one that knows who I am and why I say and do the things I do. She forgives me all my trespasses and doesn't badger me to change but accepts me for who I am. She laughs out loud at my jokes even though she's heard them many times before. She in turn is very witty herself and our banter with each other is hilarious.......at least to us it is. Laughter is definitely the best medicine in our family and we use it often. She joins in on most of my sports pools just so she can feel a part of that aspect of my life. She doesn't spend money on herself but instead uses our spare money for the kids. She encourages and supports me to hang out with my guy friends and is just as good as friends with them as I am. She (of course) is an awesome mother and somehow finds the energy to balance the lives of 6 individuals in a way that makes no one feel left out. She has only publicly acknowledged one time being embarrassed to be seen with me and that is saying A LOT. (note: I was embarrassed to be myself at that specific moment as well). She tries to do her best in all things and tries to improve every day in things that aren't yet perfect in her life. She is the best wife FOR ME and I'm hoping eternity is a LONG TIME because there is no one else I would rather spend it with than her!

7 comments:
That was a nice thing to say Dro. But I want to know the what happened the time she and yourself were embarrassed.
You've embarrassed me many times with shouting Frank and Shageki. Well maybe not embarrassed but laughing out loud.
hey i remember that photo she posted on our "fat blog"..it was her SNEAKING into carls jr drive thru HOPING i wouldnt SEE HER!!! i never did see her BUT I DID see her & maryann at COLD STONE! that was the best...
you have a great girl--i love that she is NORMAL and has NO DRAMA--i love that you the "real deal" with her and she hides nothing..
you two are a great match-
im with noodles--what embarrassed the both of you?? hopefully not something like your WEDDING NIGHT MAYBE???? shudder...
uh hello-i should start READING what i wrote--
i MEANT to say i love that you GET the "real deal" with her..GEESH!
There is NO WAY Jon is posting for ALL to read his most embarrassing moment.....(I'm serious Jon.) We are trying to forget about that and I don't need more people to know about it so it lives longer, it needs to die.
Christina, thanks for the props, now I feel horrible about all the crappy things I do that DO cause drama! Your comment makes me want to live up to it!
Jon, thanks for the post....you da man.
No brainer...cooks wedding.
Loubige, I think what dro is trying to say with this blog entry is.."light the candles, pop the martinellis, and put on that halloween costume you had on in that picture on my blog."
All jokes aside, nice to see that you aren't afraid to shout from the roof tops that you are in love. I think that's totally cool. I think I'll call my wife right now and say the same thing......and maybe ask if we need more candles.
Can someone please pass me the crackers ? :)
Still, not as embarrassing as the Springtime post.
All kidding aside, nice props to Lou. She's great!
I totally agree with you, You're the man to step up and say so. You are perfect for each other.
Post a Comment