"The Daily News of New York quoted sources yesterday as saying the green-eyed, honey-haired McCready had a 10-year fling with the controversial Cy Young Award winner after he saw her singing karaoke in a Florida bar in 1991, when she was 15 and he was still pitching for the Red Sox. Clemens was 28 and a married father of two when he first met McCready, the newspaper reported."

Dude, ROCKET.......are you serious? I have never been a fan of yours but homey, this is pretty low, even for you. Granted...this is "alleged" behavior and perhaps not true but we've seen it before. Where there is smoke, there is fire and the "flame-thrower" himself is playing with a very hot ball right now.
I am willing to give guys a 2nd chance (if they come clean) and I think the public is as well; (except with only one superstar that I know...cough cough), however.....when people like Clemens continue to deny allegations, it only makes it worse.
The family man. The tall, good-looking athlete. One of the greatest pitchers of our time and perhaps ever. Adored by millions.........INVINCIBLE!!!!
In one of my older posts, someone brought this up. Do those who have the power, prestige, money, and fame really think they are "invincible?" It appears that is the case....especially in this case.
I want to feel sorry for you Rocket. I really do. But alas I cannot. You sold your soul to the devil (ie...fame, fortune, popularity) a long time ago and those that do that (at some time in their lives) have to fulfill their end of the contract. It appears your time is up.
Hope it was worth it.


4 comments:
Nice post, Dro. My wife and I were talking about this last night and she made some interesting points. How could his wife not be intuitive enough to know something was going on all this time? And if she was and allowed it to go on, what does that say? She also made the point that as soon as Rocket's wife was getting older, he turned to a young country singer. Ten years later, he moved on yet again. This guy obviously has a problem and it's highly unlikely he has changed, given he is denying this. McCready, however, isn't denying anything. She confirmed the story last night with the NY Daily News. This brings me to my wife's final point. Is there any reason to believe he hasn't moved on to another girl? She said she guaranteed he hasn't hung up his spurs quite yet. Scary.
Loser.
She was 15 but she had the body of a 16 year old right Roger? Who takes a 15 year old girl to their Hotel room anyway? This guy is a piece of work and I hope he loses his place in the HOF and at least sees some jail time. Maybe he and bonds can be cell mates ......that's as far as I will take that one, I'm trying to be better.
From little league on up, aggressiveness is a characteristic that separates mediocre players from great players. Unfortunately, many players don't have an off switch. We celebrate meanness and aggressiveness in pro athletes, and then we're surprised when we find out that they're mean, aggressive people.
Some choose to be aggressive. Others can't help it.
Post a Comment