
Alright, a couple of posts ago, I listed the best teams I saw play during my day and age. I figured why not go (this time) with the best players. I'm sure this will cause more controversy than my "best teams" did but since it is my award to give out, this is how I see it.


Acceptance Speech: I'd like to thank HGH......but besides that my 7 MVP awards speak for themselves. A player shows his dominance by how he performed in his era. I dominated Dro's era like no other.

Acceptance Speech: I'd like to thank my 6 MVP awards, my 19 all star appearances, my 6 NBA titles (including one with the Milwaulkee Bucks) and when I retired I had scored more points and blocked more shots than anyone in NBA history.
Keep in mind, these are only players that played during the DRO era.
Best NFL player in Dro's Era: (Nominees: Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Lawrence Taylor, Tom Brady)
And the WINNER is.......Barry Sanders
Acceptance Speech: I'd like to thank my 15 career TD runs of 50 yards or more and my 25 games of gaining 150 yards or more. Also, I would love to thank my offensive line but they were horrible throughout my 10 years of playing in the NFL. I also gained over 15,000 yards in only 10 years (3rd all time).
Best MLB Player in Dro's Era: (Nominees: Barry Bonds, Alex Rodriguez, Ken Griffey Jr., Greg Maddux, Roger Clemens, Albert Pujols, Ozzie Smith)
And the WINNER is........Barry Bonds

Acceptance Speech: I'd like to thank HGH......but besides that my 7 MVP awards speak for themselves. A player shows his dominance by how he performed in his era. I dominated Dro's era like no other.
Best NBA Player in Dro's Era: (Nominees: Michael Jordan, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Kobe Bryant, Hakeem Olajuwon, Magic Johnson, Shaq O'Neil, Larry Bird)
And the WINNER is........Kareem Abdul Jabbar (I fear in 5 years that Kobe will eclipse me of this title)

Acceptance Speech: I'd like to thank my 6 MVP awards, my 19 all star appearances, my 6 NBA titles (including one with the Milwaulkee Bucks) and when I retired I had scored more points and blocked more shots than anyone in NBA history.
Let the debating begin.....

4 comments:
Dro, I disagree with you on all three. To pick anyone but MJ for the NBA is showing a bias on your part that I can't comprehend. What do you have against him? Surely something.
The other choices you made were understandable. However, I vote for Alex Rodriguez in baseball and Jerry Rice in football (despite the fact I hate him).
Blaise, MJ is definitely in the conversation and no doubt would be #1 on everyone's list. Perhaps there is a bias there....as I believe he was protected by the media throughout his whole career. I also believe he and Stern had a back-door handshake that he would leave the NBA for 2 years and Stern would brush under the rug his gambling problems.
As for the NFL: I picked Sanders because he wasn't reliant on anyone else. Rice had 2 hall of fame QBs throwing his way throughout his whole career.
Come on, I love Kareem but the guy cleared out with his left arm every time he did that hook shot. Look at the picture you posted of him, he is doing it. Bird was the best I have ever seen, well after MJ of course.
Barry Bonds I agree with. He may not of hit that many home runs if he wasnt juicing, but he would still have been a great all around player.
Barry Sanders was sweet but I think Elway is by far a more superior choice.
Bonds shouldnt be allowed in the conversation. He is a cheating loser just like clemens and whoever else juiced up.
Arod
MJ (kobe will surpass in my bias opinion)
Tom Brady (and I hate him!)
Tiger
Sampras
Phil Helmeuth
Wayne Gretzky
Brian Boitano (oops, thats not a sport....my bad)
Post a Comment