Followers

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Bachelor

Why I am about to post this...I don't know? However, I figured since this blog is about my likes, dislikes, and the like....why not have a post about a show that I (yes, I'm going to admit it) enjoy watching. I realize that this will take me down a notch in many of your minds (if I'm not already to rock bottom); however, I am not afraid to go out on a limb and tell all 5 of you that YES, I am a closet Bachelor fan.



Responses in many of your minds: "Loser." "Get a life." "Go watch some more sports." "That show sucks." "Does your wife know?" and of course the most common response....."WHY?!?!"

Well.....since you asked. Here goes:

I enjoy watching 25 women trying to win a game. Yes, that's right a game. Many of you watch Survivor (I've seen it once) and if I'm not mistaken this show is exactly like it. Survivor's motto:

Outwit, Outplay, Outlast.

That is exactly the premise in which The Bachelor is staged. 25 catty women put together trying to win THE MAN. I do not watch this show because I believe there is any love being exchanged but quite the opposite....I watch the show for the same reason many of you watch Survivor: Which girl can "outwit, outplay, and outlast" the other 24? Every time a girl gets sent home, she's pissed not because she got "her heart broken" but because she got her "ego broken."

I love it. I love watching these so-called beautiful women getting crushed by some homey who most likely they wouldn't give the time of day to otherwise. You mean to tell me that 25 girls actually wanted to marry Bachelor Bob? Please.





The show is now in its 12th season and ONE count em ONE couple has stayed together after the show and that's because Trista was actually The Bachelorette choosing a man (totally different concept...which I'll save for another day).

Anyway, if you get a chance, give The Bachelor a chance.....but you must watch it with the same mindset that you have when you watch Survivor. You will suddenly see alliances being made, knives being thrust into girls' backs, and others being voted off just because they aren't willing to "play the game."

The best part of the show is the girl in the limo, crying to the camera, and saying that the bachelor just "made the biggest mistake of his life." Hilarious...cracks me up every time because the true story is....that girl is only crying because she lost the game and her ego was crushed.
Maybe I'm just a mean person but it still makes me laugh.

3 comments:

Christina said...

so well put! ive been watching it for the "love" exchanges..but now im going to have to watch it with your mindset--i bet its 10 times more funny!! im still waiting for the "mormon" season--me & jon got engaged after 6 weeks and married 6 weeks later--it would TOTALLY work if they were ALL mormon!!

side note: russell has called the winner EVERY SEASON!??! whats up with that??? ive noticed its always the girl that "plays hard to get" the guy picks...

Anonymous said...

I watch the Bachelor as well, its hilarious. Especially the first episode, some chick always gets drunk and makes a fool out of herself. This time the girl actually passed out, after handing off her panties to the bachelor. Where were these girls when I was single.

loubige said...

Thing is you forgot to tell everyone that I stopped watching this show with you a couple years ago! I do agree, it is hilarious how psycho these girls can get and very entertaining.

Noodles--these girls were around when you were single, you just didn't happen to have a television crew following you around and a network covering the bill for the insane dates to lure them your way. Plus the guarantee of some air time doesn't hurt.