Followers

Monday, March 3, 2008

Best Teams in Dro's Era

Okay, as most of you know, I have been an ardent sports fan for most of my life. I used to watch and follow sports religiously and therefore have many teams and players that I have followed throughout my life. In honor of The Oscars, I am giving out instead...THE DROscars.

Meaning that if I were to host my own show, the following teams would be receiving awards. I am the man in front and behind the curtain; therefore, I get to make all the awards and hand them out. Keep in mind that these teams only existed while I was watching sports. No fair giving out awards during an era that I didn't exist. Afterall, I never saw them play.

Here we go:

Best NBA Team in Dro's Era: (Nominees: 1982-83 Philadelphia 76ers. 1985-86 Boston Celtics. 1986-87 LA Lakers. 1995-96 Chicago Bulls. 2001-02 LA Lakers)

And the WINNER....1986-87 LA LAKERS!!!




Acceptance Speech: I'd like to thank Kareem, Magic, Worthy, Cooper, Byron Scott, AC Green, and a team that only lost 3 total games in the playoffs.


Best NFL Team in Dro's Era: (Nominees: 1989 49ers. 1994 49ers. 1983 Raiders. 1985 Bears. 1993 Cowboys)

And the WINNER.....1985 Chicago DA Bears!!!




Acceptance Speech: I'd like to thank the best defense ever! Walter Payton, perhaps the best running back ever! And a team that rolled through the playoffs....closest margin of victory being a 21-0 victory over the NY Giants. Super Bowl 46-10. OUCH.



Best MLB Team in Dro's Era: (Nominees: 1998 Yankees. 1984 Tigers. 1986 Mets. 2002 Angels. 2004 Red Sox).

And the WINNER.....1984 Detroit Tigers!!!


Acceptance Speech: I'd like to thank a team that won its division by 15 games. Only lost once in the postseason and started out their season 35-5. They also had one of the best middle infields ever in Alan Trammell and Lou Whitaker. Jack Morris was a bonafide ace as well as Kirk Gibson: a true clubhouse leader and his photo says it all!




That's it for now. Let the debating begin!!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with you on the Bears. I don't care about basketball anymore. But as much as I hated them, I vote for the 98 Yankees in baseball.

Blaise

KASnow said...

Basketball: 82-83 76ers. The only player Kareem could not handle was Moses Malone as evidenced by the sweep of the Magic/Kareem Lakers.

Football: 89 49ers, could have lost to the Bears, but personal bias woun't allow me to choose the bears.

Baseball: I'm going pre-dro era, early 70's Oakland A's. A three peat has not been repeated since.

Dro said...

You got to admit that me including that 76er team was at least a step in the right direction. They were very good. Would've been a good game with the Lakers.

98 Yankees also very good. Something about that 84 Tigers team that makes me think they would win though. They were the definition of a TEAM. No standout players or hall of famers but dang, they rolled through people and refused to lose.

Unknown said...

kasnow, the Yankees three peated from 98-00, you may want to check that out. haha

KASnow said...

Blasie 22, good catch, my wife didn't let me watch baseball from 1999 to 2003 so I missed the Yankee dynasty.