Followers

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Final 2

My wife and I finally got caught up on the DVR and watched Monday night's episode of "The Bachelorette." Let me just say, "Props to Deanna!"

In my earlier post, she had narrowed the field to the Final Four and I thought for sure she would go with the "eye candy" (ie Jeremy and Graham); however, she surprised me. First, she booted Graham because he was very poor at communicating and didn't enjoy "sloppy seconds." All along, he was her man. She was physically attracted to him and knew that only through a show like "The Bachelorette" would she be able to hook and catch such a fish. Well, a "fish" is what he turned out to be. He was slippery, always fought against the line, refused to get "hooked," and eventually was cut loose. Even as he swam away, Deanna cried her heart out thinking that never again would she be able to see his beautiful....."gills."



That left Jeremy, Jesse, and Jason. (maybe she's just obsessed with the letter J???) Before I started to watch, I thought for sure that Jeremy was a lock. According to Deanna, he was "perfect" but according to me, he was a total douche. He tried too hard, he was always serious, and tried to "win" Deanna by pulling....I mean yanking on her heartstrings. This strategy worked for awhile but (again props to her), she figured him out before it was too late. I mean seriously....what was this guy's story? He just seemed (at least to me) one of those dudes who always tried too hard, never fit in, couldn't hang with the guys, and although (on the surface) a handsome, perfect dude....when kissed turns into a croaking, green frog. (sidenote: Isn't there a song about Jeremy the Bullfrog?)





Anyway, we are now down to 2: Jason and Jesse. Who's the best choice for Deanna?




Jason (on your left) is a super nice guy that fawns over Deanna and beckons to her every call. Girls say they want someone like that....but do they really? He has a 3 year old son and the rumor is that his wife bailed on him (my guess is that he was "too nice" to her). Isn't it ironic ladies? Be careful what you ask for because sometimes you just might get it! Jason is that type of guy. Deanna seems like she needs someone to fight with, argue with, and therefore meet half-way. Jason is a giver but is Deanna a taker? We'll find out on Monday.


Jesse is DA MAN. (of course I say that because some of you say that he reminds you of me). :) But besides that, I can't believe he's made it this far. He looks and acts totally different from those other guys. Everyone thought he would be the first to go and yet he has defied the odds and made it to the finals. (Props to him and props to Deanna for looking beyond the physical).
However....buyer beware. The latest rumor is that he came on the show with a girlfriend and was getting paid by his sponsors the whole time. They told him that the longer he was on the show, the more money he would get. Somewhere along the way though, he broke up with his girlfriend and is NOW, "all about Deanna." Supposedly, this was all revealed in Graham's letter to her. Girls if you knew this, would it change your mind about him? That is the question that Deanna will have to answer for herself.

So who does she choose? All signs point to Jesse...that's why I'm going with Jason and in 6 months we will get to all watch as ABC films their marriage with Ty (Jason's 3 year old son) as their "flower girl."

Watch out Trista and Ryan. Your time in the spotlight will soon be ending as Deanna and Jason become America's new "dream couple."

7 comments:

RUSSELL said...

Dro, first let me say that I picked Jesse 3 weeks ago and I will stay with my pick. I don't believe all that crap about sponsors and girlfriends. Second, it's Jeremiah that was a bull frog. Third, no woman wants some dork to agree with everything she says and be so annoyingly nice. He's got some skeletons in his closet too.

loubige said...

Screw the Bachelorette...did anyone see SYTYCD last night?
All I have to say is damn, Twitch is HOT. nuf said.

Oh yah, and of course I want Jesse to be picked, isn't it obvious?! But if she wants a guy to always be "yes ma'aming" her then she'll pick Jason. (unless he's just as psycho as Jeremy and becomes a control freak when no ones around)

Kristen said...

Jon, where do you find your dirt, I love it! My vote it Jesse...it bugs how Jason is always running to her when he hasn't seen her in awhile...also do you like how Jesse calls her "D"? He is into nicknames just like you Dro..LOL!
You two are more and more a like all the time..maybe you should grow your hair out just like him :)

Shrek said...

My sister has turned you into a chick.

loubige said...

Classic.

maines said...

Blech. Even I'm now jonesing for some sports posts.

April Cobb said...

I feel totally caught up on a season that I completely missed. Thanks. Well summarized!