
Today, I woke up a happy man. Happy in one sense that something I truly and passionately believe in was supported by 52% of Californians (thank you to all who helped Prop 8 pass), and happy in the other sense that although the person I voted for didn't win, America showed that race is no longer a factor when determining a person's merits. That should be reason to celebrate in and of itself.
I believe Barack Obama when he says that America is a better place today then it was only 15 years ago. I believe him when he says he will do the best he can for our country. I believe him when he says that through hope, we can and will have a better tomorrow.
Are there some issues we (as a country) should be concerned about? Sure. Does his party stand for things that I do not. Sure. However, I am excited today. I am excited that our country is now being led by a leader of men. A leader who can bring together both old and young, rich and poor, right wing and left wing. A leader who "hopefully" will deliver all that he has promised and that 4 years from now, our country will have turned the tide, our economic woes in the distant past and our religious freedoms still in tact.
As John McCain said in his concession speech, "It's time to put aside our differences and unite the country and do all we can to support our new leader."
I plan on doing that......(or at least until he demands that same-sex marriage is now OK).
ps I did cry myself to sleep last night....not at the overall election but upon hearing that Jesse and Deanna had broken up. Supposedly it was because they couldn't agree on Prop 8.

8 comments:
Agree with the Obama take.
And don't EVER convince me to watch ANOTHER Bachelor AGAIN!!!! The only reason I watched this last one was b/c of you AND then I wanted to keep watching it b/c Jesse reminded me of you. The Bachelor/Bachelorette is DONE. I will never watch it again! (Unless Jesse becomes a bachelor--I would be tempted to watch that--I am such a loser)
Congrats on Prop 8 and thanks for all your efforts on behalf of the rest of us! More importantly, they REALLY broke up?? Not surprised to hear it from you first :) You and Shalaine could write the next edition of Trivial Pursuit Pop Culture!
That picture looks like a gay version of DRO.
You should see the giant family picture that hangs in our parents house where Dro is laying in front of us all giving the camera total bedroom eyes. That picture IS Dro!
that was maines, not JT.
Oh MY GOSH maines. The "want me eyes" picture (family portrait) is TOTALLY this picture of Jesse. Jon you are such a dork.
Isn't Obama white? I thought I was watching a freaking NKOTB concert, not a presidential speech. Those freaks that look at him and just cry like a japanese girl at a Michael Jackson concert have to be the most annoying people on earth. Such people as Oprah Winfrey (where was Steadman BTW?), the Affleck boys, brad pitt and every black person in attendance that night. Why are the black people so excited? Is he not half white? can they truly celebrate a 50% victory? Good luck Osama bin Biden.
Also, if the Gays get their way and overturn the decision on prop 8, I want my $10 donation back!!!!
Chad
Can you please do a new post so I don't have to see that gay picture of Jesse everytime I scroll down to see if there are any new comments!
Thank you.
Post a Comment