This past weekend, the wife and I got to escape for a couple of days and be on our lonesome thanks to a very understanding sister and brother in law. It's not so easy to write the email that says, "Can we drop off our FOUR children at your house and thereby ruin your Memorial Day weekend so that we can enjoy ours that much more?"
Shockingly, I got the email back that they would love to do it. (note: not sure if they would "love" to do it again but luckily they didn't know any better or were too nice to say "no." In any case, we definitely enjoyed OUR weekend and owe Shalaine and Cort BIG TIME!!!)
Anyway, it rained on our first day so we decided to hit a movie but nothing seemed too appealing; however, the new Indiana Jones was starting soon so we begrudgingly went for it. After a half hour of the cheesiest and lamest dialogue I have ever seen and heard, I leaned over and said, "Do you think they will let us see another movie if we leave now?" The dude next to me said he wanted to stay and unfortunately so did my wife. (I think she was hating it too but didn't want to end up spending our whole day at the movie theatre).
I'm not going to say that they movie got worse...it couldn't actually get worse and yes, there were moments of a silent chuckle or two; however, I do not recommend it. I know what you are thinking, "Why did you go in the first place?" And you are right. We should've never gone.
Hard to imagine 60 year old Harrison Ford doing things that he did 25 years ago and although a good actor (in his day), he definitely falls flat in this one. I'm not sure if it's his fault or the producer's, the director's, the writer's, or the genius who thought, "I've got a great idea. The world needs another Indiana Jones movie!" I'll go with a combination of all five but mostly it's the last dude's fault.
Steven Spielburg and George Lucas should be ashamed.
Anyway, it rained on our first day so we decided to hit a movie but nothing seemed too appealing; however, the new Indiana Jones was starting soon so we begrudgingly went for it. After a half hour of the cheesiest and lamest dialogue I have ever seen and heard, I leaned over and said, "Do you think they will let us see another movie if we leave now?" The dude next to me said he wanted to stay and unfortunately so did my wife. (I think she was hating it too but didn't want to end up spending our whole day at the movie theatre).
I'm not going to say that they movie got worse...it couldn't actually get worse and yes, there were moments of a silent chuckle or two; however, I do not recommend it. I know what you are thinking, "Why did you go in the first place?" And you are right. We should've never gone.
Hard to imagine 60 year old Harrison Ford doing things that he did 25 years ago and although a good actor (in his day), he definitely falls flat in this one. I'm not sure if it's his fault or the producer's, the director's, the writer's, or the genius who thought, "I've got a great idea. The world needs another Indiana Jones movie!" I'll go with a combination of all five but mostly it's the last dude's fault.
Steven Spielburg and George Lucas should be ashamed.



8 comments:
I was a fool and wasted my money on that movie!
I have to disagree with you on this one. Having grown up watching the first three movies and always wanting another, I was excited to see it and it did not disappoint. Now is it going to win an Oscar, No, it is even mentioned in the same breath as an Oscar nominated film, No. But it is another saga in the classic films of the 80's.
I am sure it was better than all that horror crap that has come out over the last few years like Saw, the Strangers and other pathetic excuses for entertainment.
And I saw Ants almost that big in Costa Rica, so it is believable.
I actually liked the ants part.
But the real reason I was disappointed was because the little Asian kid didn't jump out of nowhere screaming, "Dr. Jones, Dr. Jones."
I have to agree with Dro and Loubige. Heather and I saw this movie on Saturday night and I was very disappointed. That russian chick was the worst!! she was a joke. I liked Harrison Ford but I think the producers got carried away with this one. Once the alien crap was introduced I completely withdrew.
I also grew up loving the Indiana Jones movies and I was expecting the same quality we got in the past but unfortunately it wasn't even close.
I haven't seen the movie, but probably will, despite the bad comments because I enjoyed the other ones when I was a kid. Having seen the old ones as an adult, with a different perspective, the first one was the best with classic scenes and lines. The second one had a weak story and an annoying kid. The third, had a clever story and some witty dialogue with a weak ending. Maybe I'll enjoy the new one if I pretend I'm 12 years-old again.
I agree with Hans, the first one was the best but I liked the "annoying asian kid" his name was short round. The nazi chick, Cate Blanchett, is usually a good actor but she was awful in this movie.
The only unbelievable part for me was the nuclear explosion and the flying refrigerator. You or I would not have survived the blast and fall. Geez, why can't they make believable movies these days, like Good Will Hunting.
My wife and I watched it with my brother and his wife over the weekend. We knew it had 'mixed reviews,' so expectations were low. If you go in expecting a cross between Tarzan, the keystone cops with Russians thrown in, you won't be disappointed.
Post a Comment