Followers

Monday, December 1, 2008

The Lady Breakers are back!



Yep, that's right...the Laguna Beach Lady Breakers start their season tonight. In the next 6 days, we will play 5 games and I will know (as their coach) what our season has in store. Our first game we face off against one of the better teams in Southern California (Edison). They lost 4 games last year and will absolutely destroy us. I know....a coach is supposed to be confident in his players' abilities; however, this coach (me) is a realist.

"Show me the heart unfettered by foolish dreams, and I'll show you a better man."

After tonight, we square off against University (best known for having a very famous alum: Cort Green). They are also (like us) known for their academics and not necessarily their athletics. That game should be much closer.

As, I did last year, I will document our ups and downs throughout the season. We reached the 2nd round of CIF last season for only the 2nd time in school history. I hope we repeat that performance. We did graduate our 3 best players so we are in sort of a rebuilding stage. Our 2 best players and returning starters are now Sophomores. Our team will be built around them, on them, and through them. If one of those 2 go down...we are escrewed!

We have the same 3 goals we had last year:

1. Be competitive in every game
2. Win our league
3. Reach the CIF playoffs

We got blown out in only one game last year and came within 8 points of winning our league.....this year: We'll see?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is that anonymous and her wife wrestling for the ball in photo #2? That looked like the same chick wrestling the sign out of my front yard last month.

Good luck on the season Dro. Call me when you need a golf coach assistant.

Greg said...

Good luck to the Lady Breakers!! Looking forward to stellar season.