Here goes:
#10 A Christmas Carol
(I read this every year with my freshman. If you haven't read the original Charles Dickens novel, I would suggest it to everyone. It's about 75 pages long and you can finish in a few hours. Go for it. I think you will be pleasantly surprised).

#9 The Movies
(Who doesn't use Christmas vacation as a time to watch movies? Cozy up in your jammies on the couch with a bowl full of ice cream and watch the classics: Christmas Vacation is always a must. Elf has also made its way into must-see-TV. What is your family's must-see classic?)

#8 The Presents
(Who doesn't love to open presents......even now 36 years old and I'm still a little giddy. Of course, I am at the point that I love watching my kids' reactions more than my own but it's still a little fun to peal off that tape and see what your loved ones picked out especially for you. Only problem is that spontaneous reaction that sometimes feels a little forced even if you like the present).

#7 The Weather
(The only thing good about living in a cold place is the snow during the Christmas season. I don't get to enjoy it but the brisk air is enough for me. I actually hate the cold but sometimes it's fun just to get bundled up and feel that phenomena of being warm yet cold at the same time).

#6 NFL Football
(Isn't football on TV one of the best sports to watch. It's not even my favorite sport and yet, for some reason, watching it on TV is entertaining. I am a big believer of the MUTE button. Everyone can still gather around and talk and do whatever and I can watch football with no sound. It doesn't affect anyone and I can still enjoy my game. NICE!!!)

#5 The Food
(Who doesn't like to gorge themselves at this time of year? Eat, eat, and eat some more. No one cares and everyone knows they shouldn't but we all still do. Come January 5th, we wonder what happened but dang, it's worth it....isn't it? See below what I feel like after the holidays).

#4 College Football Bowl Season
(Most would disagree but for some reason, I enjoy watching the bowl games. I don't watch them all but it's always fun to root for the MWC teams and unfortunately watch BYU get pummelled. A college football playoff though would be unreal. Please President Obama....do something????).

#3 Two weeks off!
(That's right, one of the times of year that it is good to be the teacher. Gotta love 2 weeks to just chill and hang out with the fam and friends. Of course, I have a stack of Frankenstein essays I need to grade but.....just like my students, my backpack stays in the corner most of the vacation).

#2 Family Reunion
(We always get together with family this time of year. The cousins all get together and of course are entertained 24/7. This is the best treat of all. I never have to hear, "I'm bored" or "There's nothing to do" which is a beautiful thing).

And my #1 reason.......
(note: Lou Ann said I couldn't do anymore innuendo jokes...sorry to disappoint).
#1 The Spirit of Christmas
(Of course, this has to be #1. The generosity that everyone feels during this time of year is awesome. Just when you think you are spending too much time or money, BAM, you get back ten-fold what you put in. I call it the tithing phenomena. We shouldn't, we can't, we don't....Dang, I'm glad we did!)


1 comment:
I'm feeling like picture #5 right about now!!
Here's to New Years resolutions!
Post a Comment