Followers

Friday, October 31, 2008

Teacher Demonstration A Success!


Over 100 teachers and parents came out Thursday afternoon in Support of Prop 8 and to also let the teacher union know that they can't speak for all of us teachers. Most teachers (whether they are for Prop 8 or not) disagree with the expenditure of funds (over 1.2 million) towards a proposition that has "nothing to do with schools."

Here is the article that came out today.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/teachers-prop-union-2212836-cta-state

7 comments:

Kristen said...

that is so great!!

Cort said...

"Talking does something. But action does more." I like it Dro.

Shrek said...

Nice job Dro. I like the picture of you--looks good.

So, if you leave the union, you still have tenure (or do they call it something else in high school??), right?

We will be looking to CA on election day. If the intolerant drive you out, come join us in TX. We passed our Prop 8 with over 75%, and the union out here is all about teaching one-man-one-woman marriage.

Good luck!

loubige said...

Nice thumbs up--it's back you know.

maines said...

You stole my comment Lou!
Way to go Jon. I'm so proud of you and all that you have done to stand for your beliefs... even when it has not been popular to do so. Dad, Greg and I were out there waving signs again today. Fight on!

Jill said...

Way to go Jon! I wish I could have been out there with my fellow "Yes on 8" Orange County teachers to show my support, but I had a mid-term for a class I am taking. I read the newspaper article and it was nice to FINALLY see a non-biased report written by the OC Register!

Anonymous said...

Great job Dro!!!!! Out here in the 951/909, we have had 25-40 people on various Van Buren corners holding up signs, taking honks, taking very few fingers , and having a great time doing it. This snowball feels like its rolling at the right time!!!! JP