Followers

Monday, October 13, 2008

Sharon Lynn Hendrickson


My mom passed away on Sunday and no blog post can do her justice. I don't even want to try. But because this is sort of an online journal for me, I wanted to remind myself over and over again what she meant to me. Her favorite movie was The Wizard of Oz. In my mind, she personified each character.....

She was Dorothy: skipping along the yellow brick road, happy at all times, even though many obstacles came her way.

She was the Scarecrow: thinking at times she didn't have a brain and yet having the biggest one of all.

She was the Tinman: reaching out to others in time of need, going above and beyond in church callings, and proving to have the biggest heart of anyone I've ever met.

She was the Lion: throughout her life and especially this past year, I've never seen a more courageous person.

She was the Wizard: the person behind the curtain who touched everyone's life. She made you feel special. She made you feel loved. She made the pain go away. She made the world a better place.

I'm so happy for her. Her journey is complete. Her fight is finished. Her final lesson taught. I know what she is saying right now in her Heavenly Father's presence:

"There's no place like home."

I LOVE YOU MOM!

13 comments:

tracy said...

Jon and LouAnn
What a wonderful tribute to your Mother.
Though we'd only met her a couple of times, we knew of her testimony of the Gospel and her boundless love for her family!

Our thoughts and prayer are with you and your family

There IS no place like home.

AnnMarie said...

This is a perfect description of your mom. She was a loving aunt whose warm smile and kindness always brought good feelings. I have sweet memories of her and feel great peace in knowing that she has been released home...back to the sweetest home of all with precious loved ones. What a joyous reunion with Nana and Granddad.
My heart is with your family.

-AnnMarie Summerhays D.

Kristen said...

What a wonderful Mother you have!
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

This is such a sweet and touching tribute. What a special person she was. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Unknown said...

I didn't know your Mother very well but I don't have to look very far to know what kind of person she was and continues to be. Her children and grandchildren are a testament to how great she is. We love you guys and you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Love,

Chad & Heather

KASnow said...

I am truly sorry about the loss of your mother, but truly grateful for the person she was and continues to be. All you have to do now is live up to your legacy. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Hans said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you Jon, Lou, and all the Hendricksons. Peaking into your life through these blogs has show what a great family you all are and the impact that your mom has had in raising all of you. Although I only met her one time, I have been able to witness her strength and spirit through you, a true inspiration. You are all great people and good friends, an everlasting tribute to your mom.

maines said...

I've spent the morning reading everyone's blogs on mom and have loved all of them. But you truly can't talk about mom without mentioning The Wizard of Oz. She will continue to be all of those representations to me and I know I can call on her whenever I need more joy, brains, heart, courage, or just a little help from behind the curtain. Thank you for writing this. And what a testament it is to you and and your character that so many people have come out to support you. I'm grateful to know and be a part of YOUR life Jon!

Anonymous said...

Dro and all the Hendricksons, So sorry to hear of your great mother's passing. We wish you and your family all the best at this time in your lives. You are a blessed man to have such a super mom.
Love,
The Prestwich Family

Dro said...

I just wanted to thank everyone for your emails, text messages, blog comments, and well wishes. Only through our loved ones are we able to sustain tough periods in our lives. Thank you for being there for me and my family.

And to those who made the funeral...what can I say? You are awesome! Your presence there meant so much to me. I hope one day that I can do something to return the favor.

Greg said...

Great post Jon! Thanks.

jennie said...

HEy Jon,
I didn't know...I'm so sorry. I loved your tribute of your mom. What a lady!!

jennie said...

HEy Jon,
I didn't know...I'm so sorry. I loved your tribute of your mom. What a lady!!

Nate said...

Jon,
We are deeply sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in our prayers. What a wonderful tribute to your mother...sounds like she was an angel here on earth and now she can continue to be that angel with Heavenly Father.
Love,
Noodles and Rebecca